Saturday, February 23, 2013

the importance of family.

yesterday, my family and i had a reunion of sorts. it didn't exactly go to plan, due to unpredictable weather + a whole bunch of family members backing out because of aforementioned unpredictable weather. nonetheless, once we had found sufficient shelter from the rain (thanks to my awesome brother + his girlfriend) the day was one to be remembered.

it's hard to choose my favourite moment, whether it was seeing my grandma + her sister sharing technology tips, or my cousin-in-law being duped into trying some crazy-hot chilli sauce of my brother's.

what was not hard to realise was that family matters, especially when you get to catch up with family you don't see very often. it's cool because despite time apart, they can still remember when you were a baby, a toddler and precocious 4-year-old all at once. and everyone knows that food brings people together. my  aunt can always be counted on for providing us all with a spectacular banquet.

i was sad to go home at the end of the day. isn't it always like that when you've been around great people all day? i'm very lucky to be blessed with the family i have + even though i didn't choose them i think i still would if i was given the choice.

cordially,

claudia owl.

No comments:

Post a Comment